Before Endodontic Treatment
- The procedure will be performed using local anesthesia. There are usually no restrictions after the procedure concerning driving or returning to work. We are available at all times should a problem arise after your treatment.
- Continue all medications for blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid problems and any other conditions as recommended by your physician unless otherwise directed. Please eat a full breakfast or lunch as applicable.
- If you have been advised by your physician or dentist to use antibiotic premedication because of mitral valve prolapse (MVP), heart murmur, hip, knee, cardiac or other conditions please make sure you are on the appropriate antibiotic the day of your appointment. You only need to pre-medicate for the treatment appointment. If there is a question, please call our office prior to your appointment.
- If you can take ibuprofen (Advil) or naproxen sodium (Aleve), it does help reduce inflammation when taken pre-operatively. We recommend 2 tablets of either medication 2-4 hours before endodontic therapy.
- Please bring all referral information.
- If you anticipate needing Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas) Sedation, please advise us in advance.
- All patients under 18 must be accompanied by parents or guardian.